Wednesday 2 March 2016

The Duke & Miss Bannerman

£1.50 $1.99
The Duke & Miss Bannerman is my offering for March. This book was first published by Musa – now defunct – several years ago and hasn't been available for sale for a couple of years.
I was horrified to discover how many inaccuracies and errors were in the book considering it had been edited professionally and proofread.
I was new to indie publishing in those days and thought that if the book had been proofread by a professional then I didn't need to do it again – how wrong was I!
Throughout the book I had referred to the duke as 'Lord Bentley' which is totally wrong and should have been picked up by my editor. There were also dozens of other minor errors which have now been corrected.
In a way it's a relief to know that despite my decrepitude I am still learning and improving my craft.
The book was also released as a pocket novel and in large print with the original inaccuracies. I can assure you this will never happen again.
I have an excellent editor and proofreader working with me as well as three beta reader. All my files also get two reads on a Kindle which makes sure all but one or two errors are eradicated.

Click Here US
Click here UK

Fenella J Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment