Saturday 7 January 2012

New Year - New Writing?

I'm not a great believer in new year's resolutions but I think the idea does help to focus the mind on what one wants to achieve in the next 12 months.
 2011 was not as productive as my previous years as far as new writing goes. I usually write four Regency romantic adventures of varying length and one longer book. Last year I wrote a young adult  urban fantasy, which is almost ready to be sent out to a couple of agents and editors. I edited five books for Aurora Regency and wrote one long novella for People's Friend. Certainly not my usual prodigious output.
I think this was down to two things: Moving to a large  riverside village means that I'm finding there's far more to distract me then there was when I lived in an isolated farmhouse.The other, that my health has been rather precarious since August.
Therefore this year I'm setting myself some achievable goals. I intend to place the five long historical novels that are languishing on my computer and am prepared to do as much rewriting as necessary to make them desirable. If I can't find a print publisher then I will go indie, or digital only. I also am determined to find the first of my Young Adult, Urban Fantasy a suitable home.
As for  new writing– I wish to complete at least the next in the Young Adult series and another Regency adventure. A modest output– but the rewriting is going to occupy a fair amount of my time.
How many of you have made resolutions? Do you think you will be able to keep them?
I suppose if I was pushed I would say my resolutions are these- write more and eat less!
Happy New Year
Fenella

No comments:

Post a Comment